Sunday, February 4, 2018

Out with the old, in with the new {Life Book 2018)


Letting go....what does that mean really?  Is it something one can do with little thought and effort, or does it take years to release negative emotions stirred up from past experiences? 
Personally, I think it's a little of both, depending on one's disposition and perception-how much it matters to them, how hurt one feels and how ready they are to release it. 

These things we hold onto, the secrets we keep can linger and fester forever if we let them, manifesting themselves in unhealthy attitudes, behaviours and relationships.  They are persistent; just when we think we've rid ourselves of them, like an unwelcome houseguest, they return. All the baggage they carry accompany them and we find ourselves back to where we were at in the first place. A similar incident, a common emotions and our thoughts are powerful triggers with regard to stirring up the past. 

The beauty in all of this is like those repressed memories and emotions, we are persistent. We are resilient and we can realize success with moving forward. Sometimes we have to remain mindful it takes time and it probably takes times. What do I mean by that?  Letting go is not as easy as taking the trash out every Thursday; wouldn't it be nice if it was? To me it just means to continue forward in one's healing journey, facing those negative emotions as they surface, combatting self defeating thoughts and having the patience to recognize it does get easier in time. The "guests" may return, but we are able to send them packing more swiftly, their belongings contained in a satchel, rather than a carriage full of trunks. It is worth it to let go, to let go and to let go again. 

Which brings me to my art and my Garden Fairy.  My art allows me that creative release, to let go the thoughts, feelings and emotions that weigh on my shoulders at the end of day. I am currently participating in Life Book 2018 which is not only allowing me to make beautiful art, but to work on me. This amazing lesson by Tamara Laporte allowed me to paint away the negative things i've been carrying from the last couple of years and carry forward the attributes I want to bring forward and develo further this year. I feel truly blessed to have happened on this course because it compliments all the steps I am taking to heal. I hope you enjoyed  my piece today and inspires you to let go...even if it's just one little thing; baby steps eventually lead to full strides.

XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~

The piece was completed with patterned and collage papers, gesso, acrylic paint, watercolor crayons, gel pen and Zig Brush Markers. 

I used the Splatter 1 stamp wiith Gesso to add some texture to the background. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the nerve to color my hair purple like on your Garden Fairy. Instead, I got up the nerve to cut my hair VERY short. It's amazing how free I feel now and not having to worry about what other people think. If I like it, that's all that matters. LOVE your coloring on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****